Sarah Elizabeth Wallace, is a local professional musician who desires to bring renewed hope to the Lansing area with the release of her full original album “canciones totales del león” (Total Songs of the Lion) by creating a festival day, Dia del León
Contact: Sarah Wallace
(Lansing, MI) – Sarah Elizabeth Wallace, is a local professional musician who desires to bring renewed hope to the Lansing area with the release of her full original album “canciones totales del león” (Total Songs of the Lion) by creating a festival day, Dia del León! Due to her love of animals and people, she has collaborated with the Capital Area Humane Society to encourage the chance to save the lives of numerous cats and dogs. Additionally, Sarah’s passion is to create sustainability in the Greater Lansing Community for artists and musicians. Sarah’s album was recorded at Grammy Award Winner Glenn Brown’s GBP Studios. The album will feature original songs in the genres of samba jazz, and an array of other alternative genres with multi-cultural flares, including some rap elements. Sarah is the main vocalist and keyboardist and has collaborated with some other local professional musicians in the album’s production including: Glenn Brown-Guitar, Donny Brown-Percussion, Jon Herrmann-Bass, Hank Horton-Bass, Liudmila Bondar-Piano, Torrey Gray-Rap, Stephen McCorry-Rap, Michael Eyia-Spanish Guitar, David Hager-Percussion, Jordan Lopez-Percussion, & Keith Kinnear-Bass. 10% of the album and artist’s goods purchases will go the Capital Area Humane Society and there will be a donation to REACH in REO Town. Additionally, local businesses and the musicians will benefit.
In addition to the album release, Sarah is presenting a 1 day, 3 venue festival on Saturday, July 31st starting at 2pm in REO Town, Lansing called Dia del León (Day of the Lion). The 3 venues are as follows:
- REO Town—Location TBA from 2:00-4:00 PM (Auction of Sarah’s original lion prints); music from Michael Eyia; puppy/kitten adoption; Penny Myers and/or Assistant to speak.
- Old Town—Main Event–UrbanBeat from 6:00-8:00 PM (“red carpet” music event, wine toast, cheese, fruit, dinner option); puppy/kitten adoption.
- Downtown— After-gleam TBA from 9:00-11:00 PM.
Tickets can be purchased directly on the UrbanBeat website. Advanced ticket purchasing is encouraged to ensure availability. There are 3 different ticket options for the event.
- VIP Tickets are $75.00, and includes access to all 3 events (the Auction with guitarist Mike Eyia, the main event at UrbanBeat, the Downtown After-gleam, a full album CD (value $20), wine, cheese, and fruit appetizer, AND a dinner option.
- GOLD Tickets are $50.00 and includes access to 2 events (the main event at UrbanBeat and the After-gleam), CD, wine, cheese, and fruit appetizer, AND a dinner option.
- General Admission Tickets are $25.00 and includes access into the main event at UrbanBeat.
This will be a fun day for all ages!
About the Artist:
Sarah Elizabeth Wallace is a professional local musician, artist, and performer from Lansing, Michigan. Sarah started her performance career at the age of 3 and her professional career at the age of 5 as Caroline Kennedy in Accidentally Exalted for the Kenneth Robbins Opera Company, St. Paul, Minnesota. She has a BA in Music – Vocal Performance from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and has since become a member of the professional Actors’ Equity Association. Additionally, she is an Opportunity Arts Affiliate. Throughout her career, she has appeared in a myriad of roles in musical theatre, plays, and operas throughout the Midwest, New York Metropolitan area, southern states, and in the countries of Australia and Peru. She is currently enrolled in a Masters of Law online with a focus in international business transactions at Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia to allow her to take her music and productions worldwide. She teaches part-time vocal and beginning piano lessons at the School of Rock in Okemos, Michigan.
To Purchase Tickets to Day of the Lion visit:
For more information on Sarah Wallace, and her work visit:
Direct Link to the Day of the Lion Facebook event: